[lac-discuss-en] Importance and respect to the ICANN-LACRALO regulations - Selections of chair of LACRALO

jlaureano at aui.pe jlaureano at aui.pe
Thu Mar 26 09:16:07 CDT 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Importance and respect to the ICANN-LACRALO regulations - Selections of chair of LACRALO
From: jlaureano at aui.pe

Distinguished members of LACRALO - ICANN,

 It wanted to refer to me, yet respect, once again to the importance of respecting the legality that governs the institucionalidad of the ICANN and the LACRALO and these are not debilitated, in which corresponds to his norms, regulations and procedures for his processes of selection of his representatives. I have read with attention following documents:

Regulation of the General Assembly of the United Nations
A/520/Rev.17.

The ordinary rules of procedure for the meetings of
the deliberative organisms of
LACRALO.

Internal rules of procedure of the ALAC

Ordinary regulation of World
Heritage - UNESCO
In all of them, one ***reflxes mng clearly the procedures thatare due to carry out in the meetings, step by step, mainly for the meetings that they have to see with the election processes and for that reason I want to emphasize its importance, because they are in his essence those that sustain to the existence and existence of all we in LACRALO - ICANN.

After following the mail on this thorny subject, I have returned to read the regulations and they have appeared me the following questions, which I aspire are been responsible for the illustrious lawyers who compose this community, in special by Mr. Carlton Samuels,person in charge like ex--official president of the selections for theLACRALO chair:

1. If the appointment of the official president is made in assembly and its appointment concludes to the closing of the same one, as it says the rules established in all the documents that are indicated: Because Mr. Carlton Samuels still thinks that she is official president and he can name a new President, after more than 20 days of to have raised the General Assembly?

2. By the previous situation, Mr. Carlton Samuels can, to summon to selections for Secretary of the LACRALO. If in no of the election regulations, he is mentioned that an ex--official can summon to selections, That that power has authorized him to summon to selectionsto the secretariat. The General Assembly of the 02 of March (that has been claudurada for more than 22 days) in which moment this Assembly has authorized to him has to summon to later selections to its rise?

3. Mr. Carlton Samuels, has been chosen official president in General Assembly of the 02 of March, the official president adjourns to the session closing the meeting, if its appointment concludes with her andit has not been left an agenda point because it summons to selections for secretary. I have not been able to read in any of the regulations that are indicated, something on the matter, I will be mistaken?

4. Who has declared the vacancia of secretary of the LACRALO? It has resigned or revoked Mr. Andres Seat? if it is that one stays the results of the Assembly of the 02 of March.

5. All the procedures and regulations in these documents mention that in General Assembly, the consensus in a list looks for, of not obtaining it is summoned to selections, register the candidates, vows,process the votes, it announces the winner and in the same act it recognizes its new authority. Because some members of the LACRALO, want to not know this procedure? Because to insist on naming a nonelect president in general assembly? because to summon to new selections, that summon them? the ex--official president whereupon faculties, whereupon to be able, who gave it, an assembly that legallyalready closed all the points of its agenda?

6. An important point that they indicate the norms has been that all the civil employees choose themselves in General Assembly, this already was closed for more than 20 days, now if the secretary of the LACRALO is a civil employee, can an ex--official (then its appointmentconcludes with the closing of the Assembly) summon to selections?

I want to express my respect to Mr. Carlton Samuels, to Mr.s Andrés Saline Plaza and Sergio, is clear that they have an important roll that to fulfill, and a great responsibility that to assume, would not have none to happen through this if it had followed the norms, procedures and regulations, but I want to give objectivity to my appreciations, I do not know as it will be the outcome of this subject, but very I am convinced that to respect the procedures and regulations that govern the institucionalidad of ICANN and the LACRALOit is the best guarantee than we will not be contravening the fundamental reasons of its existence and our existence.

I will be been thankful very if the gentlemen lawyers who conform thisworthy community can clarify these questions, so that this can be explained to the possible brevity.

Kindly,

Ing. Johnny Laureano
     Pdte. AUI PERU

Of: "Johnny Laureano" <jlaureano at aui.pe>
Envoy: Sunday, 22 of March of 2009 12:55
It stops: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: Position of AUI PERU on the selection of chair of LACRALO

Distinguished members of the LACRALO,

 I want to express my to them more warm greeting and also to show ours
preoccupation before the facts and declarations that comes provoking due to
the prolongation of a "individual error", according to own manifestation, of
ex--secretary and ex-president of the process of selections, to choose to ours
authorities of the LACRALO, carried out in magna General Assembly the 02 of
March last in Mexico. On the matter, the Association of Users of Internet of
Peru (AUI PERU) in his to have like ALS of this community, expresses its opinion and
position sustained in the principles, regulations, documents and
procedures that govern the institutional life of ICANN and theLACRALO:

Regulation of the General Assembly of the United Nations
A/520/Rev.17.

The ordinary rules of procedure for the meetings of
the deliberative organisms of
LACRALO.

Internal rules of procedure of the ALAC

Ordinary regulation of World
Heritage - UNESCO

It is invoked indifferently to the articulated ones of these documents, every time
perfectly they are known by all the members of the LACRALO.

 Position 1: Respect to the functions and
attributions of the President of the GA for the selections:

 Article 4 - Functions of the President

4.1 Besides to exert the attributions that are conferred to him in others
dispositions of the present Regulation, the President will open and raise each
plenary session of the Assembly.

Rule 2 - Selection of officials
2.1 The Assembly will have
to choose a President, at least two (2) vice-presidents and a judge
ponente, by simple majority of the total of the ALSs present that
vote. These
appointments will stop being valid once it rises
session of each Assembly

General, unless the Assembly determines the opposite.

 Position of AUI PERU:
Assembly for the selection of the President of the LACRALO wasmade the 02 of
March. The appointments like officials or president of selections, left
of being valid in this same date, all its later acts invoking that
position is NULL.

Position 2: With respect to the announcement of the results of the selection and
the proclamation of the decisions of the General Assembly:

 14.11 The President will announce the results of the selection.

 AGNU: The Chief of a main directorate will direct the debates, will guard by the fulfillment
of the present Regulation, he will grant the word, he will putunder voting the subjects and
he will proclaim the decisions.

Position of AUI PERU: In
valid process, without vices nor claims was come to the selection, soon of
count of the votes in General Assembly, announced the triumph of a candidate.
The president in exercise announced the Saline results and proclaimed Sergio
I carry like president of the LACRALO. The made proclamation is due to respect
in the General Assembly of the 02/03/2009, this has been the decision of the Assembly
General.

Position 3: With respect to the decision of reconteo of the votes,
later to the General Assembly of the 02 of March 2009.

Article 9 - Motions of procedure

9.1 In the course of a debate, any delegation will be able to propose
suspension or the rise of the session or the postponement or the closing of
debate.

9.2 The proposal will be put under immediately to voting. Without damage of
Rule 8,1, such motions will have precedence, in the following order on all
the other presented/displayed proposals or motions:

(a) suspension of the meeting;

(b) the rise of the session;

(c) postponement of the debate on the question in debate;

(d) to close the debate on the question in debate.

Position of AUI PERU:
Assembly rose according to the procedures and effective regulationses.
The president stops in functions for election processes. He did not have
pending postponement of selections, claims, nor subjects respect to
selections to the LACRALO. There was proclamation of winner ofthe selections Sergio
Salt mines I carry, adjourned the meeting of the GA.

Position 4: Respect to the "continuity of the functions" of
ex-president to declare a new winner of the selections of
LACRALO:

Rule 2 - Selection of officials
2.1 The Assembly will have to choose to
President, at least two (2) vice-presidents and a judge
ponente, by majority
simple of the total of the ALSs present that votes. These
appointments will leave
of being valid once the session of each Assembly rises
General, a
less than the Assembly he determines the opposite.

Position of AUI PERU:
General assembly has not ordered to the ex-president to continue with
election process for the authorities of the LACRALO. Their functions conclude
with the proclamation of the winners and when raising the session of magna
General Assembly. The acts derive in NULL but it must be ableeffective, later
to the 02 of March. The General Assembly has not conferred him powers to rectify
its decisions and to not know to its Authorities chosen in General Assembly. His
faculty to proclaim winner of the selection of the president of the LACRALO is
limited the power granted by the General Assembly, the same one that rose
02 of March of the 2009.

Position 5: The Institucionalidad like
value of order and progress

10.8 The recently elect civil employees will assume their positions to the closing of
the annual General Meeting. In case the selection is made between
annual general meetings, the mandate will begin as of the date in which
they announce the results.

10.12 The civil employees at issue will continue carrying out their position with
permanent character until a valid result has been obtained in
selections and a new civil employee chooses itself.

Position of AUI PERU: The gentleman
Sergio Saline I carry, fué proclaimed president of the LACRALO, thus has been
recognized by all in the General Assembly celebrated the 02 of March of the 2009.
Their functions are effective and total from that date, we recognize their mandate,
until a new process of selections to president of the LACRALO, same that
it will take in General Assembly.

Finally, AUI PERU like member leaves from the structure of ICANN in
the region renews its commitment to continue working by development e
implementation of the policies of ICANN in our region, this sense
it invokes to all to prioritize the collective interest on the personal interest in his
decisions and actions.

Kindly,

Johnny Laureano

President of the Association of Users of Internet of Peru - AUI PERU

http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/4ef6463a4a.html