[lac-discuss-en] importance and respect to the ICANN-LACRALO regulations -Selections of chair of LACRALO

carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Thu Mar 26 09:15:59 CDT 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: importance and respect to the ICANN-LACRALO regulations -Selections of chair of LACRALO
From: carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm

Johnny:
Since you plows truly to "johnny-eats-lately" and despite the provocation, I
shall be kind and to answer your question with dwells than the one Word response
I was inclined to uses.

Clearly, this attempt to be diligent you have seen you short. For there plows lots
of things that you would have missed. I hope the words "process" and
"context" eats out well in translation. Because while yoúre not required
to be to lawyer to understand them, you must have to deep appreciation for
what they pisses if you plows going to argues sensibly here.

In the context of the elections, Carlton official Samuels was the election.
In my part of the world were democratic elections express the will of the
voters and plows routinely executed, we call that person the presiding
to officer. It is that person who certifies the results of voting, not the
they partisan.

I suspect to under normal circumstances and without to preconceived agenda you
might actually be to very thoughtful fella. But the rest of your statement
betrays your objective by undermining the very thing you seek to promote
here; being true to the process.

In your eyes, the votes is irrelevant. In your eyes, the established rules
to value the votes is worthless when it you produce to result against your
objectives. I know in your part of the world the rule is to doubt the
results because of crappy processes. This is not the marries here. The
process is to clear and it worked. I cannot help you to further.

I have also blind copied some of the addresses you did.

Carlton Samuels.

2009/3/25 Johnny Laureano <johnnylaureano at yahoo.com>
> Distinguished members of LACRALO - ICANN, > > Quisiera to refer to me, yet respect, once again to the importance of > to respect the legality that governs the institucionalidad of the ICANN and the LACRALO > and these are not debilitated, in which it corresponds to its norms, > regulations and procedures for its processes of selection ofhis > representing. I have read with attention following documents: > > > - * Regulation of the General Assembly of the United Nations > A/520/Rev.17. * > - * the ordinary rules of procedure for the meetings of > deliberative organisms of the LACRALO. * > - * internal Rules of procedure of the ALAC * > - * Ordinary Regulation of World Heritage - UNESCO * > > > In all of them, ***reflxes mng clearly the procedures that are due to take a > end in the meetings, step by step, mainly for the meetings that they have > to see with the election processes and for that reason I want to emphasize his > importance, because they are in his essence those!
  that sustain the existence and > existence of all we in LACRALO - ICANN. > > Soon to follow the mail on this thorny subject, I have returned to read > regulations and have appeared I the following questions, which I aspire > is been responsible for the illustrious lawyers who compose this community, in > special by Mr. Carlton Samuels, person in charge like ex--official > president of the selections for the LACRALO chair: > > 1. If the appointment of the official president is made in assembly and his > appointment concludes to the closing of the same one, as it says the rules > established in all the documents that are indicated: Becausethe gentleman > Carlton Samuels still thinks that she is official president and it can name to > new President, after more than 20 days of to have raised theAssembly > General? > > 2. By the previous situation, Mr. Carlton Samuels can, to summon a > selections for Secretary of the LACRALO. If in none of the regulations > election, is mentio!
 ned that an ex--official can summon to selections, > That has !
 authoriz
ed him that power to summon to selections to > secretariat. The General Assembly of the 02 of March (that has been claudurada > for more than 22 days) in which moment this Assembly has authorized to him has > to summon to later selections to its rise? > > 3. Mr. Carlton Samuels, has been chosen official president in Assembly > General of the 02 of March, the official president adjourns the meeting closing > session, if its appointment concludes with her and it has not been left a point of > agenda because it summons to selections for secretary. I have not been able to read in > no of the regulations that are indicated, something on the matter, I will be > mistaken? > > 4. Who has declared the vacancia of secretary of the LACRALO? It has > resigned or revoked Mr. Andres Seat? if it is that one stays > results of the Assembly of the 02 of March. > > 5. All the procedures and regulations in these documents mention that > in General Assembly, looks for the consensus in a list, o!
 f not obtaining it > summons to selections, register the candidates, vows, process > votes, announces the winner and in the same act it recognizes its new one > authority. Because some members of the LACRALO, want to not know this > procedure? Because to insist on naming a nonelect president in > general assembly? because to summon to new selections, that summon them? > ex--official president whereupon faculties, whereupon to be able, who > gave, an assembly that legally already closed all the pointsof his > agenda? > > 6. An important point that they indicate the norms is that all the civil employees > has been chosen in General Assembly, this already was closedfor more than 20 days, now > if the secretary of the LACRALO is a civil employee, an ex--official can then ( > its appointment concludes with the closing of the Assembly) to summon to selections? > > Quiero to express my respect to Mr. Carlton Samuels, AndrésMr.s > Saline Plaza and Sergio, is clear that they have an!
  important roll that > to fulfill, and a great responsibility !
 that to
assume, would not have none to happen through > this if one had followed the norms, procedures and regulations, but > I want to give objectivity to my appreciations, I do not know as it will be the outcome > of this subject, but very I am convinced that to respect the procedures and > regulations that govern the institucionalidad of ICANN and the LACRALO is the best one > guarantee that we will not be contravening the fundamental reasons of his > existence and our existence. > > Quedare' very thanked for if the gentlemen lawyers who conform this worthy one > community can clarify these questions, so that this can be explained > to the possible brevity. > > Kindly, > > > Ing. Johnny Laureano > Pdte. AUI PERU > > > > > > * Of *: "Johnny Laureano" <jlaureano at aui.pe> > * Sent *: Sunday, 22 of March of 2009 12:55 > * For *: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > * Subject *: Position of AUI PERU on the selection of chairof LACRALO > > Distinguished members of the LACRALO, > Qui!
 ero to express my to them more warm greeting and also toshow ours > preoccupation before the facts and declarations that comes provoking due > to the prolongation of a "individual error", according to own manifestation, of > ex--secretary and ex-president of the process of selections, to choose a > our authorities of the LACRALO, carried out in magna Assembly > General 02 of March the last in Mexico. On the matter, the Association of > Usuary of Internet of Peru (AUI PERU) in his to have like ALS of this > community, expresses its sustained opinion and position in the principles, > regulations, documents and procedures that govern the institutional life of > ICANN and the LACRALO: > > - Regulation of the General Assembly of the United Nations > A/520/Rev.17. > - the ordinary rules of procedure for the meetings of > deliberative organisms of the LACRALO. > - internal Rules of procedure of the ALAC > - Ordinary Regulation of World Heritage - UNESCO > > is invoked indifferentl!
 y to the articulated ones of these documents, all time > that !
 perfectl
y is known by all the members of the LACRALO. > * Position 1: Respect to the functions and attributions of the President of > GA for the selections: * > Article 4 - Functions of the President > 4,1 Besides to exert the attributions that are conferred tohim in others > dispositions of the present Regulation, the President will open and raise each > plenary session of the Assembly. > Rule 2 - Selection of officials > > * 2,1 * the Assembly will have to choose a President, at least two (2) > vice-presidents and a judge > > ponente, by simple majority of the total of the ALSs present that votes. > These > > appointments will stop being valid once the session rises of > each Assembly > General, unless the Assembly determines the opposite. > * Position of AUI PERU: * The Assembly for the selection of the President > of the LACRALO was made the 02 of March. The appointments like officials or > like president of selections, stopped being valid in this same date, > all their later ac!
 ts invoking that position are NULL. > > * Position 2: With respect to the announcement of the results of the selection and > proclamation of the decisions of the General Assembly: * > 14,11 the President will announce the results of the selection. > AGNU: The Chief of a main directorate will direct the debates, will guard by the fulfillment > of the present Regulation, will grant the word, will put under voting > subjects and will proclaim the decisions. > * Position of AUI PERU: * In a valid process, without vices nor > claims was come to the selection, soon of the count of the votes in > General Assembly, announced the triumph of a candidate. Thepresident in > exercise announced the Saline results and proclaimed SergioI carry like > president of the LACRALO. The proclamation made is due to respect in > General Assembly of the 02/03/2009, this has been the decision of the Assembly > General. > > * Position 3: With respect to the decision of reconteo of the votes, > later t!
 o the General Assembly of the 02 of March 2009. * > Article 9 !
 - Motion
s of procedure > 9,1 In the course of a debate, any delegation will be able to propose > suspension or the rise of the session or the postponement or the closing of > debates. > 9,2 the proposal will be put under immediately to voting. Without damage of > Rule 8,1, such motions will have precedence, in the following order on > all the other presented/displayed proposals or motions: > (a) suspension of the meeting; > (b) the rise of the session; > (c) postponement of the debate on the question in debate; > (d) to close the debate on the question in debate. > * Position of AUI PERU: * The Assembly rose according to > procedures and effective regulationses. The president stopsin functions stops > election processes. There were postponement of selections, no claims, > nor pending subjects respect to the selections to the LACRALO. It had > proclamation of winner of the Saline selections Sergio I carry, rose > the session of the GA. > > * Position 4: Respect to the "continuity of !
 the functions" of > ex-president to declare a new winner of the selections of > LACRALO: * > Rule 2 - Selection of officials > 2,1 the Assembly will have to choose a President, at least two (2) > vice-presidents and a judge > ponente, by simple majority of the total of the ALSs present that votes. > These > appointments will stop being valid once the session rises of > each Assembly > General, unless the Assembly determines the opposite. > * Position of AUI PERU: * The General Assembly has not ordered to him to > ex-president to continue with the election process for the authorities > of the LACRALO. Their functions conclude with the proclamation of the winners > and when raising the session of magna General Assembly. Theacts derive in > NULL but must be able effective, subsequent to the 02 of March. The General Assembly > has not conferred him powers to rectify its decisions and to not know to his > Authorities chosen in General Assembly. Its faculty to proclaim winner > o!
 f the selection of the president of the LACRALO is limitedthe !
 granted
power > by the General Assembly, the same one that rose the 02 of March of the 2009. > > * Position 5: The Institucionalidad like value of order andprogress * > the 10,8 recently elect civil employees will assume their positions to the closing > of the annual General Meeting. In case the selection is made between > annual general meetings, the mandate will begin as of the date in > that announces the results. > the 10,12 civil employees at issue will continue carrying out their position with > permanent character until a valid result has been obtained in > selections and chooses a new civil employee. > * Position of AUI PERU: * Saline Mr. Sergio I carry, fué proclaimed > president of the LACRALO, thus has been recognized by all in the Assembly > General celebrated the 02 of March of the 2009. Their functions are effective and > total from that date, we recognize its mandate, to a new process of > selections to president of the LACRALO, the same one that will take in Assembly!
  > General. > > Finally, AUI PERU like member leaves from the structure of ICANN in > region renews its commitment to continue working by development e > implementation of the policies of ICANN in our region, thissense > invokes to all to prioritize the collective interest on thepersonal interest in > its decisions and actions. > > Kindly, > > Johnny Laureano > President of the Association of Users of Internet of Peru -AUI PERU > > > --- On * Tue, 3/24/09, carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm < > carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm &gt; * wrote: > > > From: carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm <carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm> > Subject: Re: A new selection for the chair, LACRALO > To: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 7:56 P.m. > > > [ [ - - Translated text (in - &gt; is)--]] > > > Subject: Re: A new selection for the chair, LACRALO > Of: carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm<http://us.mc347.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=carlton.samuels@uwimona.edu.jm> > > Dear!
  Colleagues: > > We are clear. The UWI unalterably is against !
 any new
selection stops > > Chair, LACRALO. We are also safe that this position is shared by > > the other ALS of the Caribbean that participated in the selections in the GA. > > the selection for the secretariat is annulled. The appointment for the secretariat > is > call and will close Thursday, the 26 of march @ 1159 UT. > > the voting by secretariat will be open for one week. You will be > advised > the specific period as soon as the personnel indicates the interface of > electronic voting is > available. > > Except for any revealed material defects, this official of presidency > will come > with the official certification of the selection for the chair, LACRALO in or > before > Thursday, The 26 Of March. > > Is so it advised. > > Carlton Samuels. > ===================================================================== > > 2009/3/24 <asoto at ibero-americano.org<http://us.mc347.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=asoto@ibero-americano.org>&gt; > > &gt; &gt; [ [ - - translated text (is - &g!
 t;)--]] of in &gt; &gt; &gt; subject: Re: > Authorities of the FINE LACQUER &gt; of: asoto at ibero-americano.org<http://us.mc347.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=asoto@ibero-americano.org>&gt; &gt; wanted Raul, I am surprised by its opinion, that represents the opinion > &gt; of an organization of the company of the importance extremaen > Argentina. I create &gt; that if in her they had happened equal, this discussion > nothave much &gt; felt &gt; and, like already I this him, I really believes that no > &gt; makes our opinions matter. Single &gt; talks about the votes, of > which, the totality of the assistants in Mexico, &gt; has knowledge > of the plenary session. It was not, but élera to &gt; representing, &gt; with which gives > garantíceme sufficient to be able to say that yes I &gt; considers &gt; be worthy of > votes, erroneous the designation done in the first case with &gt; scrutiny, and > valid provisory the correction in segundadesignación. &gt; with all > annoyances !
 that cause all to us, and worse than that, with &gt; loss of p!
 restige
a > which this fight, nondiscussion, this light! > is he causes &gt; ours &gt; region &gt; pardon in my insistence, and this one > we know many in our countries &gt; American Latin with our systems > obsolete of the voting: we must give &gt; validity to the votes that all > assistants saw and listened, and not to &gt; the scrutinies provisory, of which > can be erroneous, in spite of the damage that &gt; cause &gt; I listen that they complain > and also I did it, and I blamed the organization &gt; of &gt; assembly LACRALO, of > the past delays in presenting/displaying elresultado of &gt; &gt;scrutiny, > with the modification that to all has us in this &gt; discussion. And &gt; > until my representative who all the personnel who took partsaid to me, of > that, had &gt; the infernal work during the meeting, of which it had one week > of the vacations to &gt; posteriori of the same one. Then I said myself, I am not > no as much delay inside &gt; modification of the scrutiny, in!
  that sense > I remain at least as &gt; I insist on that we must recover > sanity, and in addition req! > uiringof &gt; ICANN superiority a superior one of confirmació! > n to the c > confirmed bear &gt; officially, so that we pruned to continue > working calm and with desire &gt; that we must hacerlo. &gt; we did not damage more, by > favor &gt; and they excuses, single is my modest opinion......&gt; &gt; greetings > I warm up &gt; &gt; Woods De Alberto &gt; Director IIISI &gt; > www.ibero-americano.org &gt; &gt; &gt; Original Message &gt; of: "Raul Bauer" < > to rbauer at trends.com.ar<http://us.mc347.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=rbauer@trends.com.ar>&gt; > &gt; a: <lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org<http://us.mc347.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=lac-discuss-es@atlarge-lists.icann.org>&gt; > &gt; sent: Tuesday, Of March the 24 Of 2009 12:27 P.M.. &gt; subject: [ > lacquer-discuss-is ] the authorities of the FINE LACQUER &gt; &gt; &gt; I am added > surprised by the thing ha!
 ppened to the selection of &gt; authorities &gt; of > FINE LAC!
 QUER &gt
; complaint the discussions has been generatedthat because they reaffirm &gt; > myfeeling &gt; that just awhile short one we dedicated too much time to form > questions and to &gt; center subjects &gt; &gt; &gt; of this episode, the risk > exists that any person is the person &gt; that actue has tasteof > president, cannot act with elequilibrio and the necessary aid &gt; stops > to contain pa! > siones and to orient and to request the work of &gt; the FINE LACQUER &gt;&gt; &gt; > thinking of the center subjects that we must do in front, Icall to &gt; > reflection of &gt; saline Sergio and the Seat of Andres, so that they consider > the possibility &gt; of &gt; to resign same the temperature his pretensions and > permitirese eleccíon new &gt; determínese who president of you would seran and > FINE secretary of the LACQUER &gt; &gt; Raul Bauer &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > _______________________________________________ &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; [[ - - text > original (it is) &gt; http!
 ://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/ê792dbe6e.html &gt; > --]] &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; _______________________________________________ &gt; list that > sends lacquer-discuss-lac-discuss-in &gt; > lac-discuss-en at atlarge-lists.icann.org<http://us.mc347.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=lac-discuss-en@atlarge-lists.icann.org>&gt; &gt; > http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-en_atlarge-lists.icann.org&gt; &gt; > _______________________________________________ > > > > > [ [ - - Original text (in) > http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/061589acfa.html > --]] > > > > > -----Inline Attachment Follows > > _______________________________________________ > lac-discuss-is mailing list > lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org<http://us.mc347.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=lac-discuss-es@atlarge-lists.icann.org> > > http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es_atlarge-lists.icann.org > > http://www.lacralo.org > > >

http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/74924784aa.html