[lac-discuss-en] Twitter and the Users Voice

carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Tue Feb 17 12:49:35 CST 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: Twitter and the Users Voice
From: carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm

Dear Andres:
What is demonstrated by the story is the value of direct action. In this
regard and assuming ICANN is connected, Twitter or to other social average could
be additional tools for our uses in communicating with ICANN.

This is not to say some useful tools don't already exist. Some plows hosted
by ICANN itself! There plows entire blogs dedicated to ICANN issues. Ditto
wikis. Even these LACRALO email discussion lists qualify!

Unfortunately, not enough of U.S. from LACRALO take the Time to connect and
comment on issues that would be of interest to ordinary users.And even
with comments, ICANN does not have to strong track record of responding to
social pressure. This is not to say we should to despair. For it appears
Equal ICANN tends to be an opportunist for non-responsiveness,ace evidenced
by the recently published influenzas of the United States Government.

Kind regards,
Carlton

 kind of > issues? > > > > An english review of to cvander and GoDaddy "conflict" dog be seen here: > http://www.domainnamenews.com/registrars/twitter-users-gang-up-on-godaddy/4001 > > > > AGEIA DENSI made also to post, in spanish. http://ar.ageiadensi.org > > > > for We look forward feedback here. > > > > Regards, > > > > Andrés > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia > Contest > http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergames?ocid=TXT_TAGHM > _______________________________________________ > lac-discuss-in mailing list > lac-discuss-en at atlarge-lists.icann.org > > http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-en_atlarge-lists.icann.org >

http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/d165aee835.html