[lac-discuss-en] [ALAC] Draft revised Rule 21 - Minimum Participation Requirements

carlos aguirre carlosaguirre62 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 16:26:54 EDT 2008

Dear All.

After read this draft I want to express that I fully agree with comment made by Izumi.
Best Regards.

Carlos Dionisio Aguirre> Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 13:06:12 +0900> From: iza at anr.org> To: carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm> CC: lac-discuss-en at atlarge-lists.icann.org; alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org> Subject: Re: [ALAC] Draft revised Rule 21 - Minimum Participation Requirements> > I just made the following comment on the wiki.> > --------------> > I was surprised to read this draft. I share most of opinions and> sentiments written above.> If we adopt this, I would suggest to change the title from "Minimum> Participation Requirements" to "Detailed Participation Obligations",> which of course is not what we need.> > I am also concerned about the "tone" of this document. While I do> agree and understand that our performance should be measured, both> individually and collectively, and improved, we have different ideas> and habits for "volunteers" or "work" or how to conduct in the> meetings etc. By applying "whips", as this document suggests, or> detailed text-book like obligations, may be, to me, quite> counter-productive.> > I also note that there is no mention of kind of "support" ALAC members> and Liaisons are expected to receive from Staff or from ICANN.> > I also think that there is a need, perhaps, to define the Executive> Commitee clearly, in the RoP.> > Finally, I like to see the "functional ALAC", that means, have> reasonable division of labor, help each other, work as a team in> trust. I hope the "minimum" requirements will lead to produce that.> > izumi> > _______________________________________________> ALAC mailing list> ALAC at atlarge-lists.icann.org> http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/alac_atlarge-lists.icann.org> > At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org> ALAC Working Wiki: http://st.icann.org/alac