[EURO-Discuss] More about DNS 4 EU / Press Release

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Dec 23 17:38:30 UTC 2022

Dear Ricardo,

you ask very pertinent questions. In my opinion either this is a service
that is open to all and offers an alternative to open resolvers like the
Google DNS, etc. which are mostly US based. Thus the metadata associated
with the searches will no longer be available to the commercial, for
profit operations that offer these services. In this case, it is just
another service, and a bit expensive for what it is...
Or this service is a first step to making the use of a local DNS server
falling under the proposed structure mandatory, for various reasons to
"save" European users from resolving sites that have malware & might be
a security risk, to start with, quickly moving to and infrastructure
that can be used for censorship and totalitarianism in the future.
Perhaps the technology could be sold to North Korea too?!

Or it's something which I don't understand. That's why I am asking here.
Perhaps someone has an inside track to the brilliant minds in Brussels?

Best,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD