[EURO-Discuss] More about DNS 4 EU / Press Release

Ricardo Holmquist rihogris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 17:02:06 UTC 2022

Hi Olivier,
Thanks for sharing.

Just to understand this initiative, it is an EU replacement for the Google
DNS resolvers?. These Google DNS are mostly used by end users, trying to
bypass the local (governmental, companies, ISP) DNS censorship/blockades.

For end users "any" free of blockades DNS resolver will be the same, as
long it resolves in the lesser time possible.

In the other hand, or you have your own DNS resolver in company, or you
rely on your ISP/Mobile company resolvers, and those are not the Google
resolvers.

If this is so, I don't quite understand this Initiative, unless as EU you
pretend to force every ISP or Mobile company in the EU to use this
resolvers in the name of sovereignty.

Regards

Ricardo Holmquist