[EURO-Discuss] New EURALO Articles of Association adopted

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Nov 1 20:11:37 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

it is my pleasure and honour to be able to announce that the new EURALO
Articles of Association have been adopted according to its previous
Bylaws. Staff will follow-up sharing the exact details of the vote.

Our EURALO Bylaws Task Force has spent more than 3 years debating and
drafting them, as the our original, "old" Bylaws were completely out of
date and inappropriate.

At this point in time, I would like to thank the members of the Task
Force on Review and Revision of EURALO Bylaws. Members of the group are
listed on https://community.icann.org/x/iAZ1Aw

But I would also like to recognise two people in particular who have
done significant, tedious work, in this process: Mikhail Medrish, who
led the initial work of the group in reviewing the original Bylaws to
estimate the level of re-writing needed. The second person, who has held
the pen with the new draft and has displayed expertise in being able to
accompany the process in a complex environment that had to mix the needs
of our community with a format of Swiss Articles - supposedly the
simplest in Europe - was Florian Hule. Congratulations!
It is thanks to the work of volunteers that EURALO can evolve. The next
step will be to also design Operating Rules for EURALO - a formalisation
how this Regional At-Large Organisation can operate its processes, from
elections, to reporting its activities, to selection of representatives
on committees etc. I hope you will be many volunteers to carry this work
forward.

Warmest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
EURALO Chair