[EURO-Discuss] Important consultation about At-Large Review - your voice matters

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Mar 5 08:50:21 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

just a kind reminder that the period for commenting on these two
documents below, the Statement from the RALOs and the Statement from the
ALAC, closes *tomorrow* Monday 6 March 2017.
Statement from the RALOs: http://bit.ly/2lN32uN
Statement from ALAC: http://bit.ly/2loTG3D

Please spend some time on it over this week-end!

Olivier

On 01/03/2017 10:34, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I would like to follow-up on our Monthly call yesterday
> (https://community.icann.org/x/EYjRAw ), focussing especially on the
> At-Large Review. This is a very important process, as it has the
> potential to induce deep structural changes to our community, including
> the status of At-Large Structures (ALSes) and individual members. At
> present, the report from the independent evaluator has been published
> and requires your input.
>
> The public consultation ( https://community.icann.org/x/R5PRAw )
> contains a link to the report as well as a set of questions asked to the
> Community. A two-pronged approach was determined by the At-Large Review
> Working Party and the RALO Chairs:
>
> 1 - a Statement from the RALOs, providing a response from a RALO and ALS
> perspective
>
> This is currently in a Google document. Please be so kind to comment
> directly on the document: http://bit.ly/2lN32uN
> As this is the primary coordinated response from RALOs, please take some
> time to comment on this. We need your input as soon as possible to reach
> a consensus response.
> Once we have good input, RALO Leadership will come together and amend
> the response accordingly. Each RALO will seek endorsement from its ALSes
> according to its own procedures.
>

> 2 - a Statement from the ALAC, providing a response from an ALAC perspective
>
> At the bottom of the At-Large public consultation page is a first draft
> from Alan Greenberg which I invite you to comment on. You may also
> comment directly on the Google document: http://bit.ly/2loTG3D
>
> It is also encouraged that you, as members of EURALO, would respond
> directly to the public consultation.
>
> If you have any questions about the At-Large Review, please do not
> hesitate to ask me directly.
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
> EURALO Chair