[EURO-Discuss] EuroDIG info letter 5/16 - Registration is closing on 31 May - Dont miss it!

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Fri May 27 18:27:28 UTC 2016

Apologies for cross posting

		Image_1

	Image_0

      Brussels, 9-10 June 2016                                                                                                            Info letter no. 5/16

The next EuroDIG is just around the corner and we are looking forward to welcoming you in Brussels for a fruitful exchange about

“Embracing the digital (r)evolution”

●       Registration is closing on 31 May 2016

Please  <http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2016/registration/> register now! It is free of charge and open for everyone, but mandatory due to security reasons. You can collect your badge from 12.30, on 8 June at the Square conference centre and must present an ID card or passport. When entering the conference centre your luggage will be checked and it will not be possible to bring in trolleys. There will be a storage room close to the registration area. Details for the welcome cocktail which is kindly sponsored by Google will be sent to registered participants after 31 May 2016.

●       Prepare your statement for the opening session!

We would like to hear your opinion first! Therefore the opening session will be a moderated open mic session without any panel. We encourage everyone to prepare a 2 min statement related to the overarching theme. We would like to hear what are your expectations, thoughts or concerns about the digital (r)evolution.

●       Who is participating?

Besides you we are expecting some very interesting participants. Just to mention some of them: Andrus Ansip, Guillermo Beltrà, Katy Brown, Mario Campolargo, Fadi Chehade, Alexander De Croo, Thorbjørn Jagland, Marina Kaljurand, Ross LaJeunesse, Frank La Rue, Göran Marby, Chengetai Masango, Joe McNamee, Günther Oettinger, Megan Richards, Roberto Viola, Marc van Wesemael, Wojciech Wiewiórowski and of course Members of the European Parliament.

●       What is in it for me?

Org teams worked hard in the last couple of weeks to organise an interactive and high level session for you. Human rights in the context of economic development will be the focus of this year’s EuroDIG and is a result of the call for issues. But we will also look into some special topics like fragmentation of the Internet, the development of the Internet governance ecosystem, cyber security, the IANA transition and many more…

Check the  <http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2016/programme/> whole programme and practise your voice:

“Knowing me, knowing you …. “

Get ready for the best seventies disco in town on 9 June 2016!   \o/