[EURO-Discuss] Follow-up on EURALO election

Veronica Cretu veronicacretu at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:36:36 UTC 2016

Dear Olivier, colleagues! Greetings and many thanks for the invite to share
some reflections as per your Qs.

My brief reflections are as follows:

*Q1. what topics are you most interested in ICANN? *

Currently, I am very keen to see how the future global stewardship of some
key technical Internet functions will continue affecting and impacting the
developments of the Internet. New gTLDs is of my interest along with ways
registrars and registries might change the way they run their business as a
result of the new stewardship model, role of different stakeholders in this
process, and how to bring more local voices into the processes.

* Q2. As an ALAC representative, some focus more on capacity building and
organisation building. Others focus more on policy. Which focus will you
have: Capacity Building or Policy?*

I bring several years of experience related to capacity building. I have
designed capacity building programs, curriculums, teaching and learning
practices behind, delivery methods, measuring results, phase-out, etc. I
conducted cp programs with senior government officials, policy makers,
CSOs, etc on a broad range of issues including Internet Governance, Open
Government, Open Data, others. I have also provided several trainings on
organizational development to different organizations in the country.

P.S. back in 2007/8 i was the one to introduce OneDAY for ALAC (when I was
an ALAC member), as I thought it was a way to improve the efficiency of
ALAC itself (just giving it as an example related to organizational
building)

I do also bring specific experience related to policy making, as I was part
of both policy making processes as well as facilitated multistakeholder,
open data/open government data driven policy making on issues related to
E-Government/governance, Open Government, Gender Equality, Education,
social accountability.

So, I could be well involved in both, depending on relevance, importance,
and specific needs!

*Q3. If there was one thing that you'd like to achieve when sitting on the
ALAC, what would it be?*

Co-creating/co-contributing to ICANN related policies processes together
with the community-at-large (through capacitating them with co-creating
methodologies) via using ICANN related/generated open data to support more
informed decision making processes, more evidenced based discussions and
strategizing around the future of the Internet.

Many thanks for your time and interest indeed!

Veronica

--
*Veronica Cretu *

*MA in Contemporary Diplomacy*

*President, Open Government Institute**Republic of Moldova
- http://opengov.si.md/ <http://opengov.si.md/>*

*Member of the Steering Committee, *
*Open Government Partnership (OGP);*
*http://www.opengovpartnership.org/about/steering-committee/role-and-current-membership
<http://www.opengovpartnership.org/about/steering-committee/role-and-current-membership>*

*Email: veronicacretu at gmail.com <veronicacretu at gmail.com> and/or
veronica at cretu.md <veronica at cretu.md>*

*Skype: veronicacretu Phone: 373 067435000*