[EURO-Discuss] Inputs and proposals for the Lisbon GA agenda

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Mar 20 06:33:55 UTC 2013

On Mar 20, 2013, at 1:05 AM, Wolf Ludwig <wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net> wrote:

> as discussed and agreed tonight at our monthly call (under agenda point 7), we need to draft the **content part** of our Lisbon GA agenda until our April call (in about four weeks). And as said before, we would like to have broad community inputs and proposals for this agenda drafting.

It's good we have time to let ideas percolate up that can eventually be folded into the agenda as merited.  Over morning coffee, a couple come to mind:

1. To amplify on Sandra's question,

> How can we better link the levels of At-Large and ALAC?

We've understandably tended to focus inward a bit in the initial years of assembling Euralo.  But after five years, it might be helpful in stimulating engagement if we were to open the windows a bit more and try to have some routinized connections with a) the other RALOs to know what issues they're working on, see what challenges they're confronting organizationally that we might draw lessons from, etc; b) the ALAC, inter alia in order to better assess and enhance the fit with Euralo perspectives; and c) other parts of the ecosystem when merited.

2.  Resolution of the role of individual users seems an important element of expanding engagement.  I wonder if we might just consider drawing on/modifying to taste the relevant bits of the NARALO Operating Principles, https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Operating+Principles+NA-2007-1-1+Revision+1

Cheers

Bill