[EURO-Discuss] PROBLEM: VOTE CREDENTIALS: EURALO Secretariat

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Sun Jun 30 10:55:17 UTC 2013

Dear Dick, Eric and Wolf,

I personally have no issues with the elections as conducted but I see
your points and I share your dedication of doing things right.
I also share Wolf's (and I guess also some others') wish to get past
this election issue quickly. Obviously these two wishes are
contradictionary - either we want to be 120% correct and repeat this
election as suggested and having to deal with this issue yet another
week (at least, depending when we take this decision and what
discussions need to be done beforehand)  or we accept the elections as
conducted, close this chapter as history and be able to finally continue
an ordered business - but leaving a few people with bad feelings behind.

I don't see that we are able to solve this contradiction by sending more
e-mails. All arguments have already been made and both sides have some
valid points. Therefore I invite all of those who are interested in
solving this issue to another phone conference to discuss it in person.
If we come to the conclusion that we will repeat the vote it would make
it a quicker decision, shortening the whole timeframe we need to deal
with this issue.

Please let me know what you think. If we do that I'd like to set up a
Doodle poll asap to facilitate a speedy solution.

/Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch