[EURO-Discuss] PROBLEM: VOTE CREDENTIALS: EURALO Secretariat

Dick Kalkman d.h.kalkman at isoc.nl
Sun Jun 30 09:54:15 UTC 2013

Dear Wolf,

I like to second the wise words of Eric. He is proposing a good and
transparent compromise.

I think that it's of up-most importance for the ICANN ALC structure that
we avoid at all times compromised voting and organizational situations.
A compromised voting situation is directly affecting the integrity,
authority and the ability to influence of the ALC structure.

At this moment ICANN is enduring lots of pressure and is in a major
process of change. In supporting the change process the ALC structure
can play a major role. This can however only comes true if the ALC
structure keeps supporting a clean full multistakeholder model and is
not compromised.

As an organization we made a little operational mistake. Let recognize
that and simple execute the proposed operational fix. The proposed
simple re-election avoids lots of future problems and we come out of
this situation more wisely and stronger.

Best regards,

Dick Kalkman

President Internet Society The Netherlands
ISOC The Netherlands Chapter

E: d.h.kalkman at isoc.nl
I: http://isoc.nl
A: Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 5