[EURO-Discuss] Regional advice on Euralo Individuals Association

Christopher Wilkinson cw at christopherwilkinson.eu
Sun Jul 21 14:48:00 UTC 2013

Dear Wolf, Dear Colleagues:

Thankyou for this proposal. You may recall that I supported this concept in a recent conference call.

My only question concerns the title. This should be the "Euralo Individuals Association".

The link with ICANN should be made clear and maintained. "Euro" could in due course become a source of confusion:

-	"Euro" refers to a comprehensive, pan-European concept. c.f. EuroDIG. The scope is not limited to ICANN in any way.

-	"Euro" also refers specifically to the currency (€) which is obviously inappropriate in the ICANN context.

Consequently, I would strongly advise to amend the name of this ALS to "Euralo Individuals Association".

Best regards

Christopher Wilkinson

PS:	In due course one might correct the title of this discussion list which also contains the above anomaly.