[EURO-Discuss] Draft of EURALO brochure for outreach ­ to be discussed today

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue May 26 08:08:53 EDT 2009

Wolf, I promised to try and draft an couple of
introductory paragraphs, how's this:

Whether it's to send email, connect with friends
on facebook or search with Google, for everything
we do on the Internet we need type in an address
on our computer or phone. EURALO helps decide how
Internet addresses work, how the addressing
system develops and is made secure, and is
involved in discussions about intellectual
property and consumer interests and a whole range
of other issues. EURALO is how individuals from
Europe can contribute to the global process of
coordinating the naming system that's at the
heart of the Internet.

EURALO is one of the policy supporting structures
of a global organization called ICANN -- the
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers.  ICANN is one of the key organizations
keeping the Internet running and evolving.
EURALO brings the voices and contributions of
Europeans from all walks of life to ICANN.  Any
organization representing individuals can join,
and our email discussions lists are open to
everyone.  You can help make the Internet more
secure, more useful: come and join us in EURALO.

  --

Best,

Adam