[EURO-Discuss] LAST CALL for Fair + Poster session!

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sun Feb 22 18:11:59 EST 2009

Dear all,

some time ago, I circulated a call for the Summit Fair and Poster session in Mexico already and didn’t get any response on it. I hope that you are still aware to bring some info material (flyers, booklets, posters etc.) from your ALSes along with you to allow a presentation on the variety of EURALO
(more details you can find below).

Please don’t forget this important issue when preparing your luggage for Mexico!
Thanks and regards,
Wolf

______
CONFIRMATION EMAIL:
Thank you for responding to the "Call for Posters" for the ALS Fayre and Poster Exhibition Opening.  We appreciate your participation in preparing a display.  Please find details and logistics listed below.

ALS FAYRE AND POSTER EXHIBITION OPENING
Sunday - 1 Mar
18:30 - 20:30
Melia Reforma Hotel - Revolucion 1

ROOM LAYOUT and SET-UP
Each RALO will be provided the following: (1) 6ft table draped in your RALO's color to visually distinguish the region, (1) table sign on easel indicating your RALO affiliation (i.e., NARALO) and (1) Exhibit Wall (2.50 meters high x 1 meter wide), made of fabric so items can be pinned or affixed. There will be one laptop and monitor provided in the room for everyone to share and showcase any displays created in this medium or you may provide your own laptop for your area's display.  There will be a technician to assist you with your DVD's/CD’s or USB files. We can provide easels upon request. There will not be simultaneous interpretation, or a screen and lcd projector as earlier indicated.

You can begin setting up Sun-1 Mar at 16:00.  We understand you will be in session during this time.  Therefore, we are happy to accept your materials, posters, brochures, USB's in advance on-site.  We will have a Hospitality Desk on Fri-Feb 27 at the Melia just off the Main Lobby from 09:00-19:00.  We can accept your items then or you can connect with one of the Summit meeting planners whenever convenient before the Poster Exhibition.  We will hold your items in the Summit Office then bring into Revolucion 1 for your set-up beginning at 16:00.

IF YOU NEED SUPPLIES:
There is an Office Depot approximately 15 minute cab ride from the Melia.  It is open Mon-Fri 08:00-20:00, Sat 09:00-20:00, closed on Sundays.  They can make photo copies bxw or color and have a one day lead time for large jobs or same day turnaround for smaller printing needs.  They also sell various office supplies should you need poster board, velcro, etc.  They will accept Visa, MC and AMEX.  We will provide you with Office Depot's address and an alternative Supply Store option that is open on Sundays from 09:00-21:00 in the Welcome Letter you will receive upon arrival. There is also a Business Center at the Melia for copy or printing needs.

PRIVATE GATHERING
The Fellows will be joining us for the Fayre and Poster Exhibition Opening.  This private event is for Summit delegates to meet and interact with the Fellows who are all new to the ICANN community.  Drinks and light hors d'oeuvres will be offered as part of the Exhibition.

Please let me know if you have any questions or needs at leslie at kc-a.com by Tue-Feb 24,  We look forward to making the ALS Fayre and Poster Exhibition Opening a success!

Kind regards, Leslie

Leslie Honaker
Conference Planner

ICANN At-Large Summit - Mexico City
107 S. Southgate Dr. * Chandler, AZ 85226
P: +1 480-403-4612   F: +1 480-893-7775
leslie at kc-a.com

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87