[EURO-Discuss] ALAC review

Adela Danciu adelada at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 17:21:18 EDT 2008

Hello everybody!

I have a couple of questions / suggestions regarding the working on the ALAC review report:

First of all - is there a timeline set? I don't recall an agreement on this: there was a proposal for July 15 and another one for July 21and more discussion to finalise the EURALO statement during the Meissen Summer school. So which one will it be and what's to be done till then?

Second - the idea was to read the whole report in order to see the grounds behind the recommendations. I had a quick overview, as many of you had, but haven't succeeded to read it all in detail.
For efficiency, I would suggest we distribute among ourselves the sections of the report to read and comment upon.
The reason of this suggestion is to to make sure that all was read and covered, while distributing the time and effort.
The downside of it is that different people may read the text differently and bring up other comments. Plus the need to correlate the sections to understand the full report.

Just my 2 c. - opinions welcome.

I will be traveling again for the next 2 weeks with limited Internet / PC access (sorry, I planned this holiday since January ...). So for my part I can say that I'll read thoroughly Section 5 - ALAC and its structures and try to comment on it, while looking at the other sections as well, if I can.

Best wishes,

Adela