[EURO-Discuss] EURALO Delhi report 4

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Thu Feb 14 05:20:38 EST 2008

Hi Vittorio,

I think there is principle agreement among us (EURALOs) and the
US NGOs (NARALOS) that the main goal is / remains "no governmental
oversight at all" by no government at ICANN. We are now just working
on some preliminary statements bringing the CO-statement into this
context again. There are interesting discussions going on here, whether
the proclaimed independence is "premature *at the moment*" as long as
ICANN is still in an transition process and nobody knows exactly
which direction ICANN will presumably take in the future.

Let's say it's an interesting peace for discussion and we would appreciate
some more comments on it!

Best,
Wolf