[EURO-Discuss] Voting procedure for ALAC seats

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Fri May 11 08:38:11 EDT 2007

Christoph,
I hope that you are not right in observing that there is [already]
grouping here.
It's pretty normal to have three candidates for two positions, and
only a vote can determine who will make it. To use an example - there
were elections at ISOC, for two seats on the Board. The candidate who
got most of the votes was elected for a full 3-year term. The
candidate who had the second place in votes, got the second slot,
which is for one year only.
Therefore, let the vote decide who will win. If we eliminate one of
the candidates before the vote has started, do you think that's the
right thing to do?

veni