[EURO-Discuss] Resolutions on Policy Matters for Lisbon

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Sun Mar 18 05:42:18 EDT 2007

Dear At-Large Community:

In order to facilitate discussion of the three resolutions being
proposed for adoption in Lisbon, I have put them up on the Wiki as
follows:

Domain Tasting / Monetisation: https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?
al_2007_r_1

Contractual Compliance, Registry Issues: https://st.icann.org/alac/
index.cgi?al_2007_r_2

Internationalised Domain Names: https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?
al_2007_r_3

NEXT STEPS:

1) I will incorporate, as separate revisions so that you can see the
changes which have been suggested on the ALAC worldwide discussion
forum, as individual edits.

2) I will reformulate them all so that they are structured similarly
- to the maximum extent possible making no changes of substance in
doing so - also in single revisions so that this is easy to see.

3) Once step 1 and 2 are done, I will translate the texts into French
and Spanish - this will take a couple of days though. I will ask our
faithful regional liaisons for Africa (Anne-Rachel Inne) and LAC
Pablo Hinojosa then to help keep the updates to the English versions
current with the French and Spanish versions once the translations
arrive.

Note that the idea is to adopt these in Lisbon. AS A RESULT INPUT IS
NEEDED NOW FROM THE FOLLOWING REGIONS, SINCE THEY WILL NOT BE MEETING
IN FULL SESSION IN LISBON like Africa and Europe:

LAC
North America
Asia/Pacific

IF YOU HAVE COMMENTS TO MAKE ON ANY OR ALL OF THESE:

For ease of reading please use the comment button at the top of the
page. You may also send email to the pages of the wiki, which will
then appear as comments at the bottom and show you as the person who
made the comments. Here are links:

Domain Tasting
Contractual Compliance
IDNS

It is helpful if you copy the comment to the worldwide ALAC list at
alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org as well so that everyone sees the new
comment. If you haven't joined this list, I recommend you do so at
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/alac_atlarge-
lists.icann.org

These resolutions are scheduled for debate, amendment, and if
consensus is achieved adoption in a combined meeting of the European,
African, and the ALAC on 27th March between 13:00 and 18:00. Full
agenda details for that meeting can be found at https://st.icann.org/
alac/index.cgi?second_session.

There will be a remote participation facility for this meeting.
Details for how to attend that way will be available on the url
immediately above early this coming week.

If you do not see links above, here is how to use the comment
feature: Send an email to: alac at st.icann.org, and for the subject
line, for domain tasting, use 'AL/2007/R/1' without the quotes, for
Contractual Compliance, 'AL/2007/R/2', and for IDNs 'AL/2007/R/3'

--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Director, At-Large