[EURO-Discuss] [At-Large] RALO next steps?

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Mon Jun 25 14:58:33 EDT 2007

Jacqueline A. Morris wrote:
 > We should not focus exclusively on building up heavy structures, creating
> documents, rules and procedures, but we should focus on and move ahead on
> obtaining and transmitting the end user perspective on the main issues that
> are on the table at ICANN right now. Some of these are:
>
> ·        Protection of Registrants in relation to Registrars (RAA
> amendments)
>
> ·        IPv6
>
> ·        IDNs
>
> ·        DNSSEC
>
> ·        gTLD process
>
> ·        ICANN Geographic Regions (a joint interest with the ccNSO)

Great!  I'll suggest adding

Privacy and WHOIS

In addition, the RALOs could usefully be conduits for information in
both directions on:

Avenues for providing registrants with more information about rights and
registration options -- a question that came up again in today's RAA panel

Understanding ICANN's limited scope (and keeping it limited)

Thanks,
--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org
phone: +1.617.418.3456 / +44 (0)1865 287203 // cell: 07785 550361
Visiting Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
http://www.chillingeffects.org/