[EURO-Discuss] the EURALO board

veni markovski veni at veni.com
Sun Jun 24 13:47:32 EDT 2007

Patrick,

At 12:16 6/24/2007  -0400, you wrote:
>KleinwДchter wrote:
> > I also would avoid a formal bylaw change
>Indeed this may not be the time for bylaw changes and I think we can

I think before talking about bylaw changes, we
need to figure out what's wrong with the
organization today (if something), and only then
think of something else. From ISOC-Bulgaria
perspective, it would be good if we are involved
in something more constructive, than arguing how
many members the board should have, shall we have
one chair, two co-chairs, or may be just have as
many co-chairs as we have members. One of the
reasons for lack of greater participation could
be that people see how much time is being wasted
in the process, and they lose interest in participating.

> > With regard to outreach,  I had recently a
> long discussion with a representative from the
> Brussels based Europen Consumer Protection
> Organisation. My impression is that a cooperation would be useful.
>I would rather favour more participation (ie more ALSes). Cooperation
>with outsiders who are not up to speed with ICANN related issues tend to
>be too high level to provide any useful input.

I agree with this as well. And if you start going
that way, the next (natural) step is to talk with
my friend, the EU commissioner Meglena Kuneva,
who is responsible for consumer protection, and
then involve the Commission, etc., etc.
We should focus on talking to organizations that
can join the At-Large, which will be better for the Internet.

veni