[EURO-Discuss] the EURALO board

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at isoc.lu
Sun Jun 24 12:16:37 EDT 2007

Kleinwächter wrote:
> I also would avoid a formal bylaw change
Indeed this may not be the time for bylaw changes and I think we can
live with some more bending of the rules. Do keep in mind though that it
would be a temporary situation that needs to be addressed formally.
Anyway we will have to go through that bylaws drafting exercise again,
if only to straighten the grey areas in our election procedures. If it
is not the right time now, maybe we could postpone this to autumn, once
the the board reached its full speed.
> With regard to outreach,  I had recently a long discussion with a representative from the Brussels based Europen Consumer Protection Organisation. My impression is that a cooperation would be useful.
I would rather favour more participation (ie more ALSes). Cooperation
with outsiders who are not up to speed with ICANN related issues tend to
be too high level to provide any useful input. Further you need balance.
If you want the consumer union side to be represented in some way, you
would also need representatives from SMEs and larger companies, which
are also domain name registrants. They are, too, part of our "target
audience".

--
Patrick Vande Walle
Chairman