[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Mon Jul 9 11:56:13 EDT 2007

On 7 Jul 2007, at 15:19, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

> I think a face to face meeting is important to establish a more
> trustful
> and constructive working atmosphere. So far, we've argued most of the
> time and disagreed on almost everything. In my experience, face to
> face
> meetings do help to overcome such deadlocks.
> It goes without saying that a face to face meeting needs an agenda,
> yes.
> I've been told that ICANN would fund a board meeting if all board
> members agree that such a meeting is necessary.
> jeanette

I do not know who told you that, but whoever it is shouldn't have
done so - you should be advised that since the European region just
met in Lisbon, and since you will be invited again to meet en masse
next June, it is unlikely that funding will be available for regional
meetings from ICANN in between.