[EURO-Discuss] ALAC Candidates

Annette Muehlberg annette.muehlberg at web.de
Sat Apr 28 18:33:36 EDT 2007

All,

maybe we can reach a consensus by online discussion and do not need a
telefon conference as it seems that many people have a problem with the
timing.

I think all three ALAC candidates are well qualified.

To make the choice of two out of the three:

I could not decide yet between Sebastian and Patrick but I can already
agree on Veronica.

The reason why I think that all of us can support her:

We agreed to promote diversity. In comparison to the other candidates
(and myself as already excisting ALAC member) Veronica comes from a
region wiht a very different political and infrastructural background.

Apart from that, I had the chance to get to know her at our two ALAC
outreach meetings in Prague and Athens as well as a very good speaker at
the ICANN Studienkreis on the issue of domain name registration and new
services in Central and Eastern Europe.

Veronica expressed strong interest to help to get individual internet
users, especially from developing countries, involved in ICANN decision
making processes and to do outreach work in Eastern Europe. Indeed, the
fact that she is fluent in Romanian, English and Russian is very helpful
in doing so.

I think she would be an asset for the ALAC team.

Annette