[EURO-Discuss] Lisbon Results and Follow-Up

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Thu Apr 5 17:11:40 EDT 2007

Hi Vittorio and all,

Vittorio Bertola wrote Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:18:21:
>I think that we should have an individual membership, at least to
>include those - like you - that want to participate in individual
>capacity. I don't expect to have 100'000 or even 100 individual members,
>but still I would like to offer this possibility.
>
>However, the spirit in Lisbon was: as the best is enemy of the good,
>let's do things one step at a time. So let's finalize the MoU and
>Bylaws, start with basic operations, and discuss the rest over time.
>
>Personally, I think that we desperately need to grow a much better
>attitude in working together, tolerating our differences and trusting
>each other - and this is not your or someone's fault, it is everyone's
>responsibility. I am trying to do my best in proposing compromises that
>I honestly think can be acceptable to all. As I said, I appreciated how
>many people in Lisbon adopted that approach and I would like to see it
>propagate to this mailing list.

I appreciate Vittorio's explanations and hope we take the right directions
in EURALO's near future. Thanks to all of you who completed MoU and Bylaws
in Lisbon which was a lot of work and an important prerequisite. But I hope
we will find time and energy now to concentrate more on "enabling" or
"encouraging" factors and details ...

To Vittorio's appeal for more trust - which I strongly support! - I would like
to add: a precondition for trust is transparence! Because (I think it was Werner
who mentioned it) not all of us are ICANN-ALS professionals dealing on a
full-time level with these issues. Hope we will find more time now for content
rather than procedures.

Wishing all of you some pleasant Eastern (holi-)days!

Regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87