[EURO-Discuss] ICANN Board candidate (Seat 15) selection process and proxy vote

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Feb 26 18:23:48 UTC 2014

Hi Oksana,

thanks for the link. If you read this carefully, it simply recapitulates what I said at our yesterday's call:

- EURALO was the only RALO including its members in the s/election process in 2010 by allowing its chair a *directed vote* (in two consultation rounds),
- during the ALAC Rules of Procedure WG debate until early last year, Avri suggested a review of the 2010 procedure and the status quo to allow a broader inclusion of ALSes in this selection process -- as WE did in 2010 already;
- Avri's motion at the time was discussed at and supported by EURALO only (as you can see from my respective mail from 21 February 2013) and I had repeated controversial exchanges with Alan Greenberg and Rinalia Abdul Rahim early last year on the ALAC list on the issue;
- Avri's suggestion to make our (exceptional) best practice to a common rule at ALAC and for other RALOs was finally rejected -- unfortunately, as she didn't find support from other RALOs.

Brief: What I summarized in my mail last night (see below, 5th para.) for the upcoming process at EURALO is *exactly* what Avri asked for in her previous motion.

Best,
Wolf