[EURO-Discuss] Follow-up from today’s call – At-Large suffrage ...

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Thu Feb 21 01:26:25 UTC 2013

Dear all,

as some of you might remember, we conducted repeated consultations for the s/election of the At-Large Board director (Seat No. 15 – currently Sébastien) in autumn 2010. I still believe that this generic consultation process at EURALO at the time was sort of a best practice to allow the RALO Chair (as part of the electorate) a guided or directed vote based on the (majority) will of his community.

Recently, a discussion on such procedures and principles has started on the ALAC list and Avri Doria, member of EURALO, gave a short briefing on the issue at our monthly call last night. For those who have not been on the call (or want a detailed briefing on it), here is the link to the

position paper from Avri
„At-Large suffrage request to RALOs“
what will be raised and discussed again at our next monthly calls – see:
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/40175601/Avri.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1361388804044

Your questions or comments on the issue are welcome! IMO, EURALO should not go behind its procedure and practice from last time, and we should reflect how broad-based community participation on such an important issue could be improved or guaranteed?

Thanks for your consideration and comments,
kind regards,
Wolf

P. S. this was one of the Action Items of our today’s call

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/
mobile +41 79 204 83 87
Skype: Wolf-Ludwig