[EURO-Discuss] Comments/Questions on Summary of EURALOBoardMeeting in Geneva

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Mon Mar 3 11:41:26 EST 2008

Cher Sébastien, dear Wolfgang,

thanks, Wolfgang, for your interpretation of the difference of the two
Paris events:

1) our GA is under mere EURALO responsibility
(but travel and stay-over expenses for our ALSes will be covered by
ICANN because the GA "coincides" with an ICANN meeting in our region).

2) The planed Users Summit PrepCom ("The purpose of the PrepCom is
>the agree on the design, programme, budget, drafting procedures for the
>final documents etc. for the At Large Summit (ATLAS) in the African meeting.")
Such a PrepCom has to be organised and conducted by EURALO and ALAC
and we need some financial means for this (which will not be covered by
ICANN). Therefore I suggested to draft a project and funding proposal
for organisation and conduct of such a PrepCom.

Best,
Wolf

Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote dimanche 2 mars 2008 17:54:
>My undertanding is that we do have two different sessions in paris:
>1. The EURALO GA for all ALS from Europe (funded my ICANN)
>2.A p reparatyory meeting for the users summit (in Africa) for all present
>RALO members from all continents. No funds are needed for this because only
>people who are in  Paris anyhow will participate. We shuld ask Nick to look
>for opportunities for a remote participation. The purpose of the PrepCom is
>the agree on the design, programme, budget, drafting procedures for the
>final documents etc. for the At Large Summit (ATLAS) in the African meeting.
>

>Wolfgang

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87
www.comunica-ch.net