[EURO-Discuss] Nominations

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Fri Apr 13 10:05:34 EDT 2007

Dr. Christoph Bruch ha scritto:
> Especially the decision on the timetable for nomination and election for the
> EURALO board and the ALAC seats which are to be filled via EURALO have been
> taken by very few people. Therefore I ask so some flexibility concerning
> this issue.

Personally I have no problem, but I would adopt a practical approach. If
possible, it would be better to close nominations by April 22, if not by
the original deadline of April 15, because this would help speeding up
the process, making travel arrangements for San Juan, etc. However, if
when we get near the deadline (e.g. mid-end next week) people really
really need more time, they can ask for it.

I am (honestly!) not sure what more time is necessary for, though. Are
there people who are not sure yet whether they would like to serve? Or
does anyone want to make outreach outside?

> According to my understanding no decision has been reached on whether/how
> the timetable should be changed. At least no decision was announced. For
> that purpose we may need some sort of chairperson or moderator. I would
> appreciate I we could agree that Annette again takes this position provided
> she is willing.

I think that we should rather agree among ourselves, run the election
process that was designed, and then we can have a properly (s)elected
Board with a Chair. It's actually quicker than discussing who could be a
good interim Chair for a period of 3-4 weeks at most.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------