[Euro-board] RIPE83

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at donnerhacke.de
Fri Nov 12 20:49:57 UTC 2021

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 06:27:24PM +0100, Sebicann Bachollet via Euro-board wrote:
> Can one of you participate to RIPE 83 on behalf of EURALO?
> https://ripe83.ripe.net/programme/meeting-plan/ <https://ripe83.ripe.net/programme/meeting-plan/>

Yes, I plan to attend.

> I would like to take this opportunity to express my concern about the participation of the EURALO Board members to EURALO events.
> Some of us are doing a lot to organise events and to many EURALO Board members are not participating.
> How can we improve the participation of EURALO ALS members if the ones in charge of running the organisational not there?

I can only speak for myself: ICANN is not my day job and I do have several
other duties to fulfill in the private part of my life. There are times,
where ICANN related events are much more easily to be integrated, but there
are other times, too. I.e. this week was DENOG13 meeting, preparation of the
district synod of the evangelical church (will take place tomorrow). I had
several zoom meetings in parallel. In such situations, ICANN will be one of
the first places to cut. Sorry.