[Euro-board] Important EURALO Board vote: ALAC Sub-Committee on Outreach and Engagement (O&E) co-Chairs

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Aug 15 01:09:51 UTC 2018

Dear members of the (extended) EURALO Board,

I am writing to you again in haste, as there is yet another selection
that we need to make, yet again during the summertime and yet again
under very tight time constraints. I have advised the ALAC Chair and
At-Large staff that any such kind of selection hard for us to undertake
in the summer due to summer holiday, but unfortunately no further time
can be allocated to the process now.

You will have seen a recent call for candidates to become a Co-Chair of
the Outreach & Engagement Working Group.
https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/euro-discuss/2018-August/005570.html
One Co-Chair is required from each region. Initially we received no
response whatsoever to the original call for candidates.
So I sent out a reminder earlier this week and I am glad that two
excellent candidates have now come forward:
(in alphabetical order)
- Clément Genty (from France)
- Matthias Hudobnik (from Austria)

Both have been funded CROP travellers for EuroDIG in Tbilissi and have
also attended ICANN meetings in the past, so some of you might have met
them already. Their Expressions of Interest are attached.

What we have been asked to do by the ALAC Chair, by Friday this week, is
proceed with a selection of one of these candidates to be the Co-Chair
from EURALO for the Outreach & Engagement Working Group. Since time is
really short, I am resorting to ask you, the EURALO Board, plus current
EURALO leadership, to make the selection.

Please fill in the Doodle here for the selection:
https://doodle.com/poll/t6gfpwht8bp8p5nb
If you would rather respond by email, please do not email the Euralo
Board mailing list, as this list is public and generally do not discuss
selection of candidates in public.

Please fill this in as soon as possible, with a deadline of 23:59 UTC on
Thursday 16 August 2018.
Many thanks, and apologies again for the short notice.

Kindest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
EURALO Chair