[Euro-board] Timeline for Selection of the ICANN Board Director selected by At-Large

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Feb 15 09:19:36 UTC 2017

Dear Sandra,

thanks for your kind response. I wish other EURALO Board members had
also contributed.

Please be so kind to find my comments in-line:

On 09/02/2017 11:54, sandra hoferichter wrote:
> Thanks Olivier! This timeline sounds feasible.

OK - we are proceeding forward with it - with one amendment: rather than
starting the vote on 15 Feb 2017 at 23:59 UTC, I have asked for the vote
to start one day later, on 16th Feb at 23:59 UTC, so this coincides with
the closing of the vote for a EURALO ALAC member. This will greatly
reduce the potential for confusion in our members.

> One question: will we have a discussion within EURALO for the pro- and cons about the candidates? Maybe we can do such a discussion right after the "Meet the candidates" call, when they have left the call. This will help EURALO members to set their vote, because many don’t know the background and from one call only it is hard to take such an important decision.

Sorry -- the call took place yesterday and we did not have a follow-up call.
But both candidates were very thorough in their introduction and in
answering the questions they were asked. Everyone may listen to the call
from: https://community.icann.org/x/-pXRAw

I am disappointed to note that so few EURALO members attended the call,
but hope many will listen to its recording.

Kindest regards,

Olivier