[Euro-board] Goals for this term

Yrjö Länsipuro yrjo_lansipuro at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:09:37 UTC 2015

Dear all,
Much along the same lines as Jordi, I would like to activate the hidden resources of the ALS's and get them involved in  EURALO's policy/advice development work.  Getting grassroots evidence from various parts of our continent would make our advice richer and more credible.
I would like to suggest that EURALO take an active role, showing an example to others,  in continuing further the implementation of  ATLAS II recommendation #28:
The ALAC should work with all RALOs and ALSes to map the current expertise and interests in their membership, to identify Subject Matter Experts and facilitate policy communication.
The implementation of #28 has started in various degrees at the RALO's, but so far mainly as a statistical exercise. What are needed are concrete data about what kind of specialized expertise is available from which ALS's, and names and contact details of people who are willing to give their input to the policy/advice development work.  I suggest that EURALO takes it upon itself to devise a mechanism for getting this information, for its own benefit and as an example to others.
Best,
Yrjö