[Euro-board] EURALO role at EuroDIG 09

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Thu Jun 18 08:29:27 EDT 2009

Hi Wolf,

To me, as described, the workshops in question appear to have little
or nothing to do with ICANN or even with Internet governance more
generally.  Which, given the important developments underway in the IG
field, is arguably a pity.  In any event, it's not obvious to me what
the connection to your Euralo function would be here.

Best,

Bill

On Jun 17, 2009, at 4:54 PM, Wolf Ludwig wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> as mentioned and discussed before at our monthly calls (as well as
> noted on our Working tool), the 2nd EuroDIG is foreseen for 14-15
> Sept 09 in Geneva. As some of you know, I was member of the first
> prep. committee for Strasbourg (besides Annette, Wolfgang and Rudi),
> and I am involved in the preparations for the Geneva EuroDIG as well
> (with Annette and Wolfgang so far). A draft program you can find
> attached.
>
> Together with Divina Frau-Meigs I will organise one of the Workshops
> (5) on “What is effective media literacy for the end user?” and
> Plenary 1 on “Access to infrastructure and content”. As EuroDIG /
> the event itself and the subjects mentioned are closely related to
> the EURALO mandate, I would like to know whether you agree that I
> can do this work in conjunction with my EURALO function (that EURALO
> could/should be mentioned or I do this in my – private - capacity as
> a media consultant)?
>
> I personally tend and prefer the first option because EuroDIG is
> listed on our Working program as a major outreach opportunity for
> 2009 - and I am interested to promote EURALO's reputation. But I
> need your opinions and approval on this.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Wolf
>

> comunica-ch
> phone +41 79 204 83 87
> Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
> www.comunica-ch.net
>
> Digitale Allmend
> http://blog.allmend.ch -
>
> EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation
> http://euralo.org<EuroDIG REV draft rolling
> programme.doc>_______________________________________________
> Euro-board mailing list
> Euro-board at atlarge-lists.icann.org