[At-Large] The SSAC has published SAC123 and SAC122

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 19:58:48 UTC 2024

FWIW, I have been an avid reader of Karl's various pieces time out memory.
They still make sense.

Quite apart from a global standard, there is one major influence enabling
interoperability across all those surfaces mentioned here.

Treaties...and the obligations thereto!

I have come to know two from making a living in a day job.

To post a letter or parcel from here to there, the UPU Global Postal Model
imposes a rule for various pieces of information - CN 23 data, inclusive of
personally-identifying info - must be shared electronically between the
origin postal authority, the destination postal authority, the carrier and
destination customs.

The letter or parcel must await a 'consent to send' (positive
acknowledgement!) advised by the destination postal authority to both the
origin postal authority and shipper.

The ICAO protocols surrounding movement of Passenger Name Records (PNR)
have a similar framework.

CAS

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*