[At-Large] RALO Individual Users

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 01:26:56 UTC 2023

Karl,

it is exactly to get out of the deeply antidemocratic rut you created that
we had to move to the ALS-RALO At-Large structure. One of the most
contentious issues in its time was also the IDNO which ended up
extinguishing itself. We still have to see some serious work within the
RALOs towards preventing capture through these structures. Even with the
ALS's we struggle for transparency, accountability, and the certainty that
participating individuals are actually representatives of something through
documented consultations to those they claim to represent. .

Alejandro Pisanty

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 6:55 PM Karl Auerbach via At-Large <
at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> On 3/16/23 8:48 AM, Roberto Gaetano via At-Large wrote:
> > I am attending ICANN76 remotely, so I am missing all what is happening
> in the corridors and the bar, so maybe something is happening that I am not
> noticing about where we are with the implementation of the UIM-WP
> recommendations, approved by ALAC in March 2021.
>
> I have carried the flag of individuals as fully empowered actors within
> ICANN since before there was an ICANN.
>
> Sometimes it is useful to look backwards, such as to the 2009 ICANN ALAC
> Review.  My piece begins at page 32 in the link below...
>
> https://www.cavebear.com/docs/final-report-alac-review-28jan09-en.pdf
>
>      --karl--

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614