[At-Large] RALO Individual Users

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 21:28:57 UTC 2023

Hi Claire,

I was going to say that the RALOs I know of are dithering on this issue,
each in its own way, but needed confirmation. Thanks!

Alejandro Pisanty

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 3:04 PM Claire Craig via At-Large <
at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> Dear Roberto
> As Secretary of LACRALO, I will share my thoughts on the topic and what I
> am aware of that took place at ICANN 76.
>
> At the Cross RALO Coordination meeting On Saturday March 11,
> an application form drafted by the NARALO team was shared by the Chair of
> NARALO. At that meeting the Chair of the AFRALO also indicated that they
> are quite advanced with their Individual membership process.
>
> In addition, on Day 1 of the LACRALO General Assembly on Monday,  a
> document was circulated by the Chair of the LACRALO Governance
> Working Group. However, since it was in Spanish and not translated into any
> of the other languages of the region (English, French or Portuguese) there
> was no discussion. Staff have agreed to translate and recirculate.
>
> This topic was not on the agenda of the ALAC Wrap Up session. As Maureen
> stated, each RALO seems to be treating with this issue in their own
> timeframe and based on its own priorities.
>
> Claire C. Craig
> Secretary, LACRALO
>
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 at 14:16, Roberto Gaetano via At-Large <
> at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Maureen
>>
>> It does help, thanks!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto
>>

>> On 16.03.2023, at 18:43, Maureen Hilyard via At-Large <
>> at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Roberto
>>
>> I am speaking on my own behalf and not with any authority, except that as
>> the ALS and Unaffiliated Individuals Mobilisation developments were
>> undertaken during my term as Chair I feel I can respond with some
>> knowledge.
>>
>> While the ALAC supported and endorsed the final reports, these were then
>> passed to the RALOs as advisories, created by the ALS members and
>> individuals themselves.. From thereon, the recommendations provided by
>> those documents have become the responsibility of the RALO leadership teams
>> to create ALS and Individual member processes that fit their own internal
>> systems. I believe they will report when they feel it is appropriate.
>>
>> I hope that helps
>> Maureen
>>

>> On Thu, 16 Mar 2023, 10:48 am Roberto Gaetano via At-Large, <
>> at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am attending ICANN76 remotely, so I am missing all what is happening
>>> in the corridors and the bar, so maybe something is happening that I am not
>>> noticing about where we are with the implementation of the UIM-WP
>>> recommendations, approved by ALAC in March 2021.
>>>
>>> Unless I am missing something, there is no mention of this topic so far
>>> in the sessions, so I am wondering whether there is any action that we plan
>>> to take in order to implement these approved rules. Will something be said
>>> at the At-Large Leadership Wrap-Up in a few hours, or shall I assume that
> [...]

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614