[At-Large] RALO Individual Users

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:48:21 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I am attending ICANN76 remotely, so I am missing all what is happening in the corridors and the bar, so maybe something is happening that I am not noticing about where we are with the implementation of the UIM-WP recommendations, approved by ALAC in March 2021.

Unless I am missing something, there is no mention of this topic so far in the sessions, so I am wondering whether there is any action that we plan to take in order to implement these approved rules. Will something be said at the At-Large Leadership Wrap-Up in a few hours, or shall I assume that there is no willingness to act upon, and that the work of the Working Party has been useless?

For information, EURALO is progressing in this direction, regardless what is happening in other RALOs or the interest expressed by ALAC Leadership. We are soliciting Individual Members to compile their SOI, and Staff is double-checking the subscriptions to the EURALO mailing list, both being requirements for RALO Individual Users. We have elected a new Leadership (Chair and Board) and we intend to redesign the application process, but it would be nice to know if this is still a global commitment or just an European initiative.

Cheers,
Roberto