[At-Large] The Case for Regulatory Capture at ICANN | Review Signal Blog

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 09:48:31 UTC 2019

About fake news, there was a very interesting session at EuroDIG last week that was about “How to spread fake news”. The point was that, in order to fight a phenomenon, you must first understand it and moreover understand how it spreads.
So, besides what Olivier quotes, that is taking a sentence out of context, there is also the technique to argue against a position that in reality the victim has never stated. Replying saying “I never said that” will only bring a wave of “Oh, they don’t even have the guts to stand behind their ideas” and a flood of “Like” to the attacker.
We live in interesting times.