[At-Large] The Case for Regulatory Capture at ICANN | Review Signal Blog

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jun 26 09:14:53 UTC 2019

Dear Jahangir,

you raise a very valid point. The very method by which fake information
is spread, is to quote something out of context, whilst wilfully
omitting other information. Sadly, this is a classic example of such
process.
We can be accused of getting it wrong every time:
1. provide more information about the various reasonings in our
community and we're accused of producing a confusing statement
2. provide a shorter, to the point statement and we're accused of not
reflecting the community and being captured by a select few who put this
together.

Often, we as a community are accused of both.

The only way to win this, is to continue doing what we are doing to the
best of our ability. If our Statements had no impact, they would not
give rise to the criticisms and mis-characterized attacks that the
At-Large community is subjected to.

Kindest regards,

Olivier