[At-Large] IDN Variants in the market place

sivasubramanian muthusamy 6.internet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:57:33 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018, 6:11 PM Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:

> Dear Barry,
>
> On 21/07/2018 04:47, bzs at theworld.com wrote:
>
> And the speaker said: Reputational services! They are being developed
> and will augment this protocol to solve exactly that problem.
>
> 2003.
>
> Do you see any reputational services? I don't.
>
> Or not beyond some singular efforts where a search engine tries to
> flag a link as potentially malicious.
>

> There is a lot of added software coming from the likes of Symantec &
> others that perform reputational services, only you don't see it because
> all the spam that they filter out is essentially not seen by the end user.
> Same for all of the blacklists like SpamCop etc.

Symantec services are of  benefit to Symantec users and not All Users. At
least do these different businesses exchange information between one
another and collaborate?

That's DNS reputational services for you.

Internet requires a Reputation Service that is free from commercial agenda
and free from political bias.

You can go as far as actually not really knowing what these people do

Not knowing what they do is not OK. A good reputation service needs to a
system of ranking that is fair, actually more responsive to domain names or
Internet resources that require false positives reversed. In the current
environment, it requires expert help even to know that there is a false
reputation record somewhere, and is almost a dead wall when you try to get
to them to reverse it.

and sub-contracting your email handling to the Microsoft Cloud or