[At-Large] [lac-discuss-en] Vistaprint is abandoning .vista

mail@christopherwilkinson.eu CW mail at christopherwilkinson.eu
Sat Jul 14 18:59:45 UTC 2018

Dear John:

Thankyou. In so far as your feelings about the new gTLDs mirror those of others, I agree. However, as a 'facts-based' economist I would really like to see a statistical report from ICANN about the results, business and otherwise, of the 2012 programme.

It is not reassuring that GNSO is going so far down the road towards the 'next round' in the absence of a serious appraisal of the results of the previous round.

> I've seen no evidence to date that new gTLD usage is approaching that of legacy gTLDs or ccTLDs nor evidence that this is likely to change.

Well, depending on your definition of the 'legacy', with one major exception.

Best regards

cw at christopherwilkinson.eu