[At-Large] Fwd: [technical-issues] Banning .xyz email from my company's servers

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Mar 17 09:31:49 UTC 2016

Dear Barry,

thanks for your follow-up on this. That's a good idea too. I've checked
the past messages in the queue and spamassassin scores range from 3.4 to
4.9 (with a trigger score required of 5.2). However, can you get a
rejection message sent to the originator of the message? When blocking
at Postfix level, the message is not accepted in the system & a bounce
is issued. A genuine email originator would get a bounce explaining the
bounce and try another method to get in contact. With spamassassin the
message would just get dropped, wouldn't it? (apologies, my spamassassin
coding is a bit crusty)
Kindest regards,

Olivier

--