[At-Large] [GTLD-WG] [ALAC-Announce] CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Preliminary Issue Report on New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Sep 23 16:07:22 UTC 2015

Dear Michele,

On 23/09/2015 15:36, Michele Neylon - Blacknight wrote:
> Speaking in my purely personal capacity …
> Just to clarify - not ALL contracted parties are going to be pushing as hard for a next round as others ..
>
> I’m not saying that we are opposed to a new round - a lot of registrars obviously aren’t - but not all of us are going to be as motivated for a new round as others
>
> I’m on the record as saying that quite a few things from the current round need to be reviewed.

Thanks for your follow-up. I am sure that not all contracted parties
might wish another round. In fact, there are surely some Registries that
are starting business from the current round and are no looking forward
to having another round tailing behind them. Ditto for Registrars that
have to sign more and more agreements with more Registries. But what I
have noticed so far on the GNSO council is that the representatives from
Contracted Parties have a unified concern that the process might be
delayed - thus reticence to having an initial extended commenting
period, concerns that the PDP might take several years. Eagerness to
start now.
Has a frank discussion taken place in Contracted parties House?

Kindest regards,

Olivier