[At-Large] [GTLD-WG] [ALAC-Announce] CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Preliminary Issue Report on New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Sep 23 16:16:15 UTC 2015

Olivier

There has been *some* discussion about future rounds. We are well represented in the WG that drafted this report.

Speaking personally - I’ve no issue with another round, but I’d love to see a LOT of things on the operational side being handled more consistently and smoothly. Contracting with hundreds of registries is painful. Fortunately some of them finally adopted e-contracts etc., which made some of the work that bit easier, but others insisted on hard copies of everything being completed and signed in triplicate etc.,

I’d love to see people taking the 1st round, looking at what was done well and what was a mess and improving on it all before launching into a new round.

My own company has onboarded and integrated with a LOT of new TLDs, but we haven’t been able to integrate with as many as we had hoped to handle or the ones we’d hoped to be able to do.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon