[At-Large] EUROPE's Position on Internet Governance

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 19:29:09 UTC 2014

This was a message sent by Andreas Glorioso  to another list that I am on:

Dear all,

I would like to let you know that today (12 February 2013) the European Commission has adopted its formal policy position on Internet governance, via a Communication to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: "Internet Policy and Governance - Europe's role in shaping the future of Internet governance" (COM(2014) 72/4).

The press release of the adoption is available athttp://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-14-142_en.htm .

The text of the Communication is available athttp://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/dae/document.cfm?doc_id=4453 .

The statement by Neelie Kroes, Vice-President of the European Commission and Commissioner for the Digital Agenda, is available athttp://ec.europa.eu/avservices/video/player.cfm?ref=I086325 .

I hope you find this information useful and the content of the Communication interesting.

Best,

Andrea

--
I speak only for myself. Sometimes I do not even agree with myself. Keep it in mind.
Twitter: @andreaglorioso