[At-Large] R: Implementing WHOIS Requirements per RAA 2013

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Mon Aug 5 00:36:35 UTC 2013

Thank you Karl and Roberto for your comments

Roberto, the location of the ARDS is absolutely front and centre as an issue. Some of the immediate comments  I heard was to insist the database NOT be located in the US (followed by a long list of other undesirable locations).  I would imagine places like Geneva or Brussels (or Finland) would be more easily accepted.  But I think the better solution is to describe the venue in terms of strict and enforceable (and enforced) privacy laws. - set benchmark criteria at the least.

Other issues that were discussed on the day included enforcement - by whom (ICANN's compliance department has not covered itself with glory on this one), and defining who can have access to what data.

Holly