[At-Large] Fwd: Call for Volunteers: Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group Members - Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Jan 26 01:53:11 UTC 2013

At 25/01/2013 08:04 PM, Karl Auerbach wrote:
>On 01/25/2013 04:36 PM, Alan Greenberg wrote:
>
> > For those not familiar with the term FOA, it
> > means Forms of Authorization - standardized forms
> > for registrars to request and confirm transfers.
>
>Having just undergone a lot of pain to transfer a pile of names, it
>strikes me that this could make bring a *lot* of smiles to a lot of faces.
>
>When you say "forms" I do hope you mean something that could be
>automated via a RESTful tools, including apps on tablets.
>
>If the email confirmation cycles are going to be included in this it
>could be useful to standardize some of the content - or have an
>attachment in JSON or XML - so that tools could parse that stuff as well.
>
>         --karl--

The question on the table is whether the forms are needed at all. Of
course a possible outcome is to keep them and change their
implementation. I am far from an expert, but my impression is that
the use of RESTful tools would be a registrar implementation issue
and not one mandated by policy. But presumably that could be subject
to the PDP WG discussion as well.

Alan