[At-Large] Fwd: Call for Volunteers: Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group Members - Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Sat Jan 26 01:04:15 UTC 2013

On 01/25/2013 04:36 PM, Alan Greenberg wrote:

> For those not familiar with the term FOA, it
> means Forms of Authorization - standardized forms
> for registrars to request and confirm transfers.

Having just undergone a lot of pain to transfer a pile of names, it
strikes me that this could make bring a *lot* of smiles to a lot of faces.

When you say "forms" I do hope you mean something that could be
automated via a RESTful tools, including apps on tablets.

If the email confirmation cycles are going to be included in this it
could be useful to standardize some of the content - or have an
attachment in JSON or XML - so that tools could parse that stuff as well.

	--karl--